You’ve seen my Dead Dinner Version.I figured it was about time I got around to putting together another dream-team dinner party. This time with the living. I picked a 9 year old genius, talk show host, environmentalist, princess, and spiritual leader. Here they are…
1. Caine - Have you seen this kid? I’m going to go ahead and admit that this video not only made me tear up but also made this genius my number one pick for my Living Dinner. He is proof that our world is going to be ok in 30 years.
2. Oprah – I am an INFJ. If you have no idea what I’m talking about research Myers Briggs, or don’t. INFJs make up an estimated 1% of all people, and are the most rare type of personality. I’m saying this half to confirm that yes I am as strange as you think I am, and half to highlight that Oprah is ALSO an INFJ. She wins on this account alone, but I also respect her deeply and admire her presence and constant reflection on life.
3. Yvon Chouinard - Have you heard the amazing story behind the founder of Patagonia? Have you watched 180 Degrees South? Are you an outdoors enthusiast or lover of nature?….You need to be aware of this man and the impact he is making on our planet. I could write a book on his accomplishments but I still wouldn’t do him justice. This was one of the easiest picks when thinking about my dream dinner.
4. Kate Middleton – Kate is my girl crush, there I said it. I love her style, I love her hair, I love everything about her. I also just want to hear all about what it’s like being a princess. Yes, occasionally I am a girlie girl who dreams of being a princess. Sue me.
5. Dalai Lama – I read the book The Art of Happiness and had an immediate mindset shift. Our modern tendancy to neglect our “inner resources” and constantly search, search, search for something external, something material is our saddest evolutionary change. We don’t need more, in fact we need less. The Dalai Lama is key to these principals and his words are a light for those wishing to get out of the tunnel.
Runner Up: Ryan Gosling - I can put in a man crush. Even if he doesn’t say one word the entire evening I can still just stare at him. Maybe I can get him to clean up the dishes with his shirt off.